New World

General discussion of technology, including radio, phones, logging recorders, mobile data, NCIC and other computer systems.

New World

Postby MrJim911 on Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:05 am

Anyone use New World CAD? Opinions? Gripes? Kudos? Etc....
MrJim911

Postby cumberland911 on Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:34 am

Good question. I, too, would like to know as we will need to replace/upgrade our CAD system soon. I have heard there were lots of problems with New World.
cumberland911

Postby Daniel on Tue Jul 29, 2003 6:29 am

There are lots of good CAD systems currently out there. We are in the process now of replacing our current CAD (PRC) with a new system (Versaterm).
We did a lot of research on capabilities of various systems and decided that this company offered what we required.
The company is Canadian based but has lots of sites in the U.S. in both large and small centers. I'd recommend you take a look at what they have to offer.
Daniel

Postby MrJim911 on Tue Jul 29, 2003 7:12 am

I had also heard there were problems with New World. After extensive research and a few meetings with their representatives we found out that much of what we had heard was just not true. They admitted to past problems, etc... And they have newer versions of what has been out there for a while. Lately I've been hearing good things from dispatchers who use the system. I think the problems lyed with the older version of the program.
MrJim911

Postby Lynai on Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:00 pm

Well, hey, couple years late to respond to this, but oh well.

I have worked extensively w/New World since 1999, when we went with their platforms for our CAD/RMS/JAIL and Court..quite an extensive list. I'm not saying getting the system up and running was carefree (which system is???) but this product has a lot to offer both in dispatch and mobile units.

The nice thing, when a new client comes on board and pays for features to be implemented, all users get the new features in the next upgrade.

Lots of information at dispatchers fingertips and a fairly easy system to use..as long as you pay for maintenance, you will be getting newer versions regularly.

Only con I can think of: the upgrades tend to set us back a bit and we had to work out the bugs...but I think that goes w/any system out there.

Good customer service as well.

I have since switched comm centers, in the new place I am working we are getting a new cad. If it wasnt almost a done deal, I would really advocate for New World.
Lynai

Postby MrJim911 on Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:18 pm

We move into our new facility August 2nd. We went with the new MOTO CAD from Motorola. The CAD won't be ready until December, we'll be the first PSAP in the country to use it..... :-? WE already started confiuring it and that's when we found more bugs then.... Well... We told them we would not accept it until it was ready to use in a 911 center. So their fixing it right now....

On a side note... We went with the Centracom elite radio and VESTA phone system with Orion mapping. And we got the Watson consoles!
MrJim911

Return to Technology & Equipment